Re: Interesting RAID checking observations

linux@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I don't think the processor is saturating.  I've seen reports of this
sort of thing before and until recently had no idea what was happening,
couldn't reproduce it, and couldn't think of any more useful data to
collect.

Well I can reproduce it easily enough.  It's a production server, but
I can do low-risk experiments after hours.

I'd like to note that the symptoms include not even being
able to *type* at the console, which I thought was all in-kernel
code, not subject to being swapped out.  But whatever.

Really? Or is it just that you can type but the characters don't get echoed. The type part is in the kernel, but the display involves X unless you run a direct console.

--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
 CTO TMR Associates, Inc

-