RE: problems creating my first raid 1 on Debian

I have a problem with the latest releases including Knoppix 3.9, mandrake
9.1 and mandrake 10.1, they all hang installing the scsi module.

I have found that only mandrake 8.2 and Debian 3.0 vanilla kernel see my
scsi cards.

The standard Debian 3.0 install hang at 5% when loading the scsi module, it
sees it correctly but goes no further.

I have two scsi cards, one is a Adaptec AHA2940 and the other is a Advansys
ABP940-UW, both can be seen with Debian or mandrake latest installers and
say their loading the same modules as mandrake 8.2 but hang. Even though
mandrake 8.2 fly's strait thought the module install and continues.

so i installed with vanilla which is

Samba3:/etc# uname -a
Linux Samba3 2.2.20 #1 Sat Apr 20 11:45:28 EST 2002 i686 GNU/Linux

I don't know how to proceed with the latest installers

:o(

Many thanks for your reply
:o)