From: linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brett I. Holcomb
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2005 1:22 AM
To: linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Adaptec 3210S Problems

I'm running a Linux system with a Adaptec 3210S controller.  Right now
the
system has nothing on it and I have not created any RAID.  I've notice
that when I boot into the Adaptec CD and watch the drives they keep
getting flagged as missing.  If I do a "Read system config" the drives
show up and the flag goes away.  A few minutes later they are flagged as

missing again.  This is a little discouraging as it appears I have a
problem.  Any ideas on what is happening - why do my drives keep getting

flagged as missing?  I need to find out before I install Linux!

Thanks.