Re: raidreconf aborted after being almost done

yejj8xgg@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
After searching the web I believe this is due to different disk sizes. Because I
use different disks (vendor and type) having different geometries it is not
possible to have partitions of exact the same size. They match as good as
possible but some always have different amounts of blocks.

AFAIK the size of a block differs between disks with an unequal number of heads. I had this problem with some identical drives. (some with 16 heads and some with 255)
It is possible to set these parameters with fdisk and have drives with equal geometry or (in case of different models) with comparible geometry which allows to have partitions of exactly the same size.

fdisk --help doesn't mention this possibility but ists manpage does:

Run fdisk with
and alter the partition table. Then exit with writing.
After that your disk has a new geometry.

Greetings,
Frank