Re: md Grow for Raid 5

Mike, check him out, google him. Man is really open, good/talanted, and the author of mdadm.

That being said, the dox for it do seem a bit lean, but at least give it/him a look, ok?
And on other tools, google on that, also. Google is the compuweenies friend - *usually* works for me. [if you need help on whatis google, etc, priv. mail me]
b-

Mike Tran wrote:

How does mdadm grow a raid5 array?
Could you please provide an URL to other tools which can perform online capacity expansion of md raid5 arrays?

--
Regards,
Mike T.

berk walker wrote:

Already are, John.  mdadm, and two or three others.
b-
John Poirier wrote:

Greets,

A lot of RAID 5 hardware controllers can grow a RAID 5 array (online capacity expansion). Will this be available in software RAID?

John

-

-

.