RE: Joys of spare disks!

That has not been my experience, but I have Seagate drives!

Guy

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:linux-raid-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Brad Campbell
Sent: Tuesday, March 01, 2005 11:57 PM
To: Robin Bowes
Cc: linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Joys of spare disks!

Robin Bowes wrote:

> Thanks to some advice from Guy the "failed" disk is now back up and
> running.
>
> To fix it I did the following;

<snip>

Just watch that disk like a hawk. I had two disks fail recently in the same
way, I did exactly what
you did and 2 days later they both started to grow defects again and got
kicked out of the array. I
RMA'd both of them last week as they would not stay stable for more than a
day or two after
re-allocation.

Regards,
Brad