Re: 4 questions. Chieftec chassis case CA-01B, resync times, selecting ide driver module loading, raid5 :2 drives on same ide channel

On Sunday 16 January 2005 22:28, Mitchell Laks wrote:
> Thank you to Gordon, Maarten and Guy for your helpful responses. I learned
> much from each of  your comments.
>
> Maarten: I paid $70 for an antec sl450 power supply. seems better price
> than you are saying ( is your power supply better?).

Heh.  At double that price, I would sure as hell hope so...!!  ;-)

If the Tagan is comparable to anything from Antec, it would be to the True480,
not the SL450.  The Tagan is inaudible, if there were no case- and cpu fans
whirring and mainboard-LEDs lit, you couldn't say if the unit was on or off.
Add to that the fact that this psu has SO many connectors I could connect all
10 harddrives without using a single splitter(!), that all connectors are
gold plated, that it weighs more than the average complete case, and that it
is very efficient...

But judge for yourself:
http://www.3dvelocity.com/reviews/tagan/tg480.htm

I really don't buy such extreme hardware usually.  But since I put the life of
1.4TB raid-5 data (or 2 TB raw disk capacity) in its hands, it seemed like a
good idea at the time.  Actually, it still does. :-)

Maarten

-