Re: Problem with RAID-5 on SuSE 9.1 (cp hangs, high system load, cpu waits)

On Wednesday 26 May 2004 23:08, TJ Harrell wrote:
> > Oh and your motherboard is using a KT266A chipset - I personally won't
> touch > a VIA chipset since that whole PCI / Soundblaster fiasco (I still
> have
>
> > nightmares). AFAIK the KT266A has PCI issues which have some kind of
> > workaround in the Linux kernel, however it might be a factor in your
> situation.

I wasn't totally aware of these issues...  Is there any consensus on the newer
VIA chipsets, like the KT400 and the KT600 ?  I have the KT600 here and have
not seen issues with it, but it is not yet running raid, so...

Maarten

--
When I answered where I wanted to go today, they just hung up -- Unknown

-