From: Dominik Sennfelder [mailto:buliwyf@xxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 6:36 PM
To: Guy
Cc: Sennfelder@xxxxxx; linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Raid Failed What to to

But it tried to resync after i have added the disc again with raidhotadd. :(
But it could do nothing. in the log file there have bon hundreds of entires
like.
May 20 23:52:25 utgard kernel: md: syncing RAID array md0
May 20 23:52:25 utgard kernel: md: minimum _guaranteed_ reconstruction
speed: 1000 KB/sec/disc.
May 20 23:52:25 utgard kernel: md: using maximum available idle IO bandwith
(but not more than 200000 KB/sec) for reconstruction.
May 20 23:52:25 utgard kernel: md: using 128k window, over a total of
156288256 blocks.
May 20 23:52:25 utgard kernel: md: md0: sync done.
But how you can se this lastet only for 1 second or something like that.

How would this work?
comment out the entries in the /etc/raidtab, boot the system
set 1 device as faulty ( best would be the one that faild the day before)
and than just mkraid /dev/md0 ?

Dominik

cYa Bul|wýf