RE: Please review: Slackware RAID How-To

The man page says "strip size", not "chunk size", which is correct?

RAID5:
	"strip size" = ("Number of disks in array" - 1) * "chunk size"
RAID6:
	"strip size" = ("Number of disks in array" - 2) * "chunk size"

"Number of disks in array" does not include spares!

It would be GREAT for performance if writes were full strips at a time,
since no reads would be required.

I don't think it would help performance if writes were full chunks at a
time, since the target chunk would still need to be read to compute the
parity chunk.

Any filesystem gods out there?  Any opinions?

Guy