Re: Please review: Slackware RAID How-To

If at first you don't succeed ...

Success at last, or so it seems. The new sections on lilo were quite
helpful, I could have used even more hand-holding on the whole lilo
thing (MBR vs root, etc), though I suppose that is a different topic
really.

One of my problems previously was that the box didn't have a floppy
drive, so a boot disk wasn't an option for changing lilo.conf.

Also, this time I formatted with mke2fs rather than letting setup do it,
as you suggest.

I'm wondering, is the stride=32 parameter to mke2fs necessary for RAID1
arrays? I used it anyway.

If I were to suggest any new info to be included in the HOW-TO, maybe
the setup of simple RAID1 with two disks could be explicitly addressed
as well. Perhaps this could then lead onto RAID5 setup.

Anyway, thanks a lot John, I've still got a lot to learn, but this is a
great start.

Mick

--
Ninti Systems: Smart IT Solutions