Re: Multi-channel ATA controller cards

I would just like to second a couple things;

First, a local expert (who is not subscribed to this list) also
recommended the 3ware controllers. I have not personally tested it but I
know he builds quite a number of systems in his job and he highly
recommends them.

Personally I just purchased an Abit IC7-G Motherboard which has 4 SATA
connectors built in.

Second, even though you said price was more important than performance I
would still go with SATA. For a marginal price difference you will get
nearly double the performance. I have not had the opportunity to test
the performance difference between a PATA RAID and a SATA RAID but I can
tell you that, on my desktop, a single SATA drive has twice the
performance (according to hdparm). This is far from a true test but it
does give you some indication of the potential.

Regards,
--
John Lange

-