Re: ATARAID userspace configuration tool

Christophe Saout wrote:

Right. dmpartx should run on dm-[0-9]* and md[0-9]* events (but not
recursively of course ;)).

Oh I don't know, people have been asking for the ability to have partitioned MD devices for so long, I can see where someone may very well want to be able to have an MD device composed of three disks, broken up into LVM2 volumes, one of which contains an image of a Sun disk with a Solaris disklabel on it :-) For the little bit of extra time that dmpartx would spend looking for partition tables I don't think the recursion would be painful (unless dmpartx is unnecessarily noisy or something).

-