Re: [linux-raid] 2010S issues (7902 issues HostRAID)

Hi jasper,
> On Wed, 14 Jan 2004, linuxraid@valli.org wrote:
>
>> Hi jasper,

>> > there's an onboard Intel 100mbit NIC too. i can use the eepro i hope.
>>
>> This one works for sure with the LiveCD
>>

> ack

>> > ack, i only have a couple of IDE machines. I can just do 'mount' and
>> use
>> > that info to fill /etc/fstab.
>> >

>> Looks like the following:
>> # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
>> #
>> <dump>  <pass>
>> /dev/sda3       /               reiserfs        defaults
>> 0
>>      0
>> /dev/sda1       /boot           ext3            defaults
>> 0
>>      2
>> /dev/sda2       none            swap            sw
>> 0
>>      0
>> proc            /proc           proc            defaults
>> 0
>>      0
>>
>> /dev/fd0        /floppy         auto            user,noauto
>> 0
>>      0
>> /dev/cdrom      /cdrom          iso9660         ro,user,noauto
>> 0
>>      0
>>

> hmmm, pretty straightforward ;) The whole sequence of commands  makes more
> sense now i
> see the /etc/fstab output :) thanx. I have read about the hotraid stuff
> at the linux.adaptec.com pages, is that a sort of software raid?

You mean the HostRAID stuff (not hotraid I think).
HostRaid is something like a build-in software raid (levels 0,1,10) in
the 7902 controller. (i think it's non-hotplug)
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS GARBAGE. I've already done it for you!
The aic79xx driver (of Justin T. Gibbs) in the kernel does not support
HostRAID.
I think there is currently no opensource HostRAID driver available
at all.

See also:
http://news.gw.com/freebsd.aic7xxx/797
http://mbserver.adaptec.com/view.php?bn=linux_scsi&key=1064363305&pattern=AIC-7902+hostraid