Re: Multipath problem in a SAN enviromnent

Hi again,

When you're talking about mapping, you only reffer to SCSI IDs (i.e.
targets). I found no way of mapping the LUN IDs to specific kernel devices.
When you're using controllers with multiple disks and you map SCSI IDs to
devices all is fine. The problem appears when you are dealing with shifting
LUNs.

Matching *could* be done by raid superblock UUID (mdadm does such a thing)
but, if the major an minor in the superblock (the ones that reffer to 'this'
disk) are not the 'real' ones, md goes bezerk.

More specific, as in my initial example,

scsi1, bus0, target0, lun2 was 8,32
when scsi1, bus0, target0, lun1 is removed and you reload the FC HBA module,
scsi1, bus0, target0, lun2 becomes 8,16

When MD starts (the first disk in raidtab is /dev/sdb - cause i've changed
it to match the configuration - if using devfsd no change necessary at this
level) it looks in the superblock and finds
8,32 and 8,64 - obviously they are not the same and multipath crashes.

Ionut