      2048128 blocks 64k chunks

md2 : active raid0 hda2[0] hdc2[1]
      37478272 blocks 64k chunks

md1 : active raid1 hda1[0] hdc1[1]
      102208 blocks [2/2] [UU]

and grub looks like this

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# Note that you do not have to rerun grub after making
changes to this file
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means
that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to
/boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,0)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/md2
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=1
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Red Hat Linux (2.4.20)
	root (hd0,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.20 ro root=/dev/md2
	initrd /initrd-2.4.20.img

title Red Hat Linux (2.4.20-8)
	root (hd0,0)
	kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.20-8 ro root=/dev/md2
	initrd /initrd-2.4.20-8.img

but where can I find my boot error messages? I have
checked /ver/log/boot but it never has info about my
failed startups.

Thanks for the help thus far !

unused devices: <none>