Re: Last ditch effort for RH9 and LSR0

Brennahn Chesteine wrote:
Then how does the stock RH kernel boot this cursid thing up? I have had 1
and 5 and just a lone /boot partition but nothing has worked so far.

I have no idea. I can't see how they would be able to do it with RAID5, unless grub or whatever bootloader RedHat uses is MUCH smarter than I give it credit for.

If you can't get it to boot, when your /boot is just a normal partition, then
you should probably look elsewhere for a problem.

If you include your bootup messages, it would be much easier to figure out what
goes wrong.

You could also include the output of "cat /proc/mdstat" and "mount", when your
system is bootet with the redhat kernel.

--
Mads Peter Bach
Systemadministrator,  Det Humanistiske Fakultet, Aalborg Universitet

-