Re: ANNOUNCE: mdadm-1.0.9 - prelease for 1.1.0

On Thursday February 20, derek@cynicism.com wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Neil Brown wrote:
>
> >     -   If the config file is called 'partitions' then it will be treated
> >         as though it contained exactly 'device partitions' so e.g.
> > 	  mdadm -Ebsc partitions
> > 	will fill all raid partitions easily.
>
> So the difference between this and mdadm -Dbs is that it generates config
> entries for arrays that are online, but -Ebcs partitions gets a list of
> all the block devices from /proc/partitions and generates array lines
> based on those.

Yep.

> How come -Dbs lists only num-device, and UUID while -Ebsc lists both of
> those as well as the devices list?

Because the information is trivially and obviously available when
doing -E, but not quite so obviously available when doing -D.  Still
it shouldn't be hard to add that info.  I will put it on my todo list
for 1.1.

> This -Ebsc partitions is a nice feature by the way.

Thanks,  It's the result of user feed back.  I like to encourage user
feedback!!

NeilBrown
-