Setting up raid 1 on existing installation

Hi all,
I installed raid 1 on an existing installation.
Almost everything works, i can install the raid in degraded mode (so that i
later on put the first hdd also in the raid and i don't have to reinstall
everything that way, you know how it works...) but there is always one
problem coming back and it seems that i have to many problems with it to set
it right.
The problem is that after i copied everything to the new disk in the raid1
that i can't get the new raid1 bootable, different manuals say different
thinks.
Can someone please tell me how it will really work ? Or how i really have to
do it ? Maybe send me some lilo.conf or something ?

Thnx a lot!!

Philippe Dhont
-