Re: IDE bus rescan

On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 11:37:30PM -0600, Maurice Hilarius wrote:
> With regards to your message at 05:22 PM 6/4/02, Friedrich Lobenstock.
> Where you stated:
> >>As I understand it that is only useful if we use the 3Ware BIOS RAID.
> >>In this case we are interested in doing this with software RAID
> >>So how would we make it rescan with this??
> >
> >Then why on earth did you buy a 3Ware Controller if you are using it as a
> >normal ide controller?
>
> A few good reasons:
> Performance using software RAID is about twice as fast
> When using software RAID it is not fussy if all disks are identical or not.
> The 3Ware makes a really good disk interface, is fast, and uses little CPU.

If you use 3DM, you should be able to do it this way:

1. Navigate to the Configure Display.
2. Click on the check box of the failed drive.
3. Click button Remove Drive.
4. Physically remove the failed drive and replace it with a new drive.
5. Click on the check box of the new drive.
6. Click button Add Drive.

I haven't actually tried it myself, but this should work.

-Dave
-