Re: Linux RAID bug?

>From: "Martin Eriksson" <nitrax@giron.wox.org>
>
>Try running with two drives on each controller, then only one controller
>with four drives and see if it still locks up.

The next test will be 4 drives off a single controller, then one drive off
each channel.  I retested it in linear and raid 0 again and it works fine,
it is only raid 5 that's locking the system up.

>Have you tried Andres IDE patch?

Not yet, I'd forgotten about it :-(  I'll add that to the things to try next
week.

>Also, what parameters do you use to set up the RAID5 array?

Just the default ones out of the man page.

    Please don't CC me on anything sent to mailing lists or send
        me email directly unless it's a privacy issue, thanks.
--
Rob  |  Ask questions the smart way: