Re: Bugs & TODO list

On Thursday March 14, mooasun@yahoo.com wrote:

>  RAID gurus,
>
> I am trying to find any issues and bugs on te software RAID, which will help us
> to test and QA on our product.
>
> I noticed that there were some patches on the following sites
> http://people.redhat.com/mingo/raid-patches
>  raid-2.2.20-A0
>  raid-2.3.99-5
>  raid-2.4.0
>  raid-2.5.1
> http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~neilb/patches
>        raid-2.2.20

See also
   http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~neilb/patches/linux-stable/

which includes a number of raid patches, each with a (sometimes brief)
note about what the patch does.

> They did not tell what were the problems or what bug they fixed.
> I could not find find any README for each patch or any release log for them.
> Are there any place we maintain those bugs and release LOGs?

Nope.  If you want to do that, I suggest you monitor linux-raid, and
take notes about anything that you hear.
There is not "current status" document as such a thing would go out of
date very quickly, and nobody has offerred to put in the (not
insubstantial) ongoing effort it would take to maintain such a thing.

You might also be interesting in mdadm,
  http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~neilb/source/mdadm/

it is a tool for managing software raid that a number of people think
is more useable than raidtools.

NeilBrown
-