Re: Crackling Audio in Pulseaudio RTP Stream

Hi Chris,
I've checles that, but on archlinux I have speexdsp 1.2.1, but the problem still occurs :(

Any other idea?

On 20/02/2023 12:40, Chris Beat wrote:
On 19/02/2023 20:10, NicoHood wrote:
Hey Sean
as I said I've setup pulseaudio via paprefs. I've enabled the RTP receiver and the sender with a loopback device. Basically I've checked all 4 checkboxes in the paprefs RTP menu.

And as I said, it also happens on the local host itself. I am also receiving (playing) the sound on the device that is the sender, via the loopback functionality. And thatswhy there is no lan/wifi
issue, as it is completely local. But I use LAN anyways everywhere.

@Chris (from the other mail), I am also using puldeaudio 16.1 on ArchLinux, but sadly it does not
fix it for me. :( Maybe you can find the bug report?

I found it, and also figured out again, why it was so difficult to find ... it was *not* directly a pulseaudio bug, but a bug in the libspeexdsp1 library, which also only affected a minority use case
involving e.g. Raspberries (if I understood correctly):

I followed the advise of the Debian maintainer at the end of the bug report:

"Version: 1.2.0-1

I believe this bug is fixed with latest unpatched speexdsp upload.

Thanks,
Boyuan Yang"

and installed the latest version of "libspeexdsp1" and I *think* that solved the problem for me.

For reference ... in the debian bug report, they are referring to this commit:
https://gitlab.xiph.org/xiph/speexdsp/-/commit/0e5d424fdba2fd1c132428da38add0c0845b4178

... you will problably have to check when/if this was incorporated into your distribution's version of the library ... assuming that you ARE hit by the same bug as me ... could as well be something
completely different.