Re: Start condition failed - ConditionUser=!root not met

On Mon, 2021-10-11 at 22:19 +0000, Joel wrote:
> Tanu -
>
> Thank you for your response.  Please note - I have very little experience with pulseaudio and alsa, except as a user.  When it comes to the configuration, I'm a complete novice and concluded that I made a mistake somewhere by copying these files.
>
> Yes, I copied the file from user library and it does contain the following lines (16 & 17):
>
>    Requires=pulseaudio.socket
>    ConditionUser=!root
>
> Here is a link to the complete pulseaudio.service file: https://susepaste.org/20298491
>
> I gather that the comments preceding those lines hint at the problem I created.
>
> For completeness, here is a link to the modified client.conf file: https://susepaste.org/83477827
>
> What do you suggest I do here?

You don't need pulseaudio.socket if you're starting pulseaudio at boot,
so remove that file and from pulseaudio.service remove the
"Requires=pulseaudio.socket" and "Also=pulseaudio.socket" lines. Also
remove the "ConditionUser=!root" line.

-- Tanu