Re: pulseaudio parec recording short interrupt at user switch

On Sat, Sep 04, 2021 at 10:34:34PM +0200, Istvan Gabor wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I use pulseaudio's parec to record an audio stream played
> in a browser. I use openSUSE 15.1 with its default pulseaudio
> version pulseaudio-11.1-lp151.5.3.
>
> This is what I do:
>
> load null sink:
> pactl load-module module-null-sink  sink_name=stream
>
> I move the firefox browser sound to null output in pavucontrol GUI.
>
> I record the stream with parec:
> parec -d stream.monitor --file-format out.wav
>
> This works well. But I also want to switch between two user's desktop.
> User1 is on VT7, user2 is on VT8.
> I start to record on VT8, then I switch to VT7; the record is OK.
> But when I switch back to VT8, the record gets a short interrupt
> (pause), which is annoying. An image of the waveform showing the
> short pause in the can be seen here:
>
> https://paste.opensuse.org/85986435
>
> How could I fix this, to get an uninterrupted recording?

Are these actually different system (unix) users? With different UIDs?
If so, pulse doesn't really work in a multi-user environment by default.
How have you configured pulse to use multiple users? That may shed some
light on what's causing your cut-outs.

--Sean