Re: How manage volume remotely on pulseaudio

If you can login as your child (i.e., same user account as him) on his
Linux system (ssh with X forwarding), then you should be able to run
"pavucontrol".  Loosely speaking, pavucontrol is to Pulse Audio as
alsamixer is to ALSA.  It's a GUI app.  I'm not sure if there exists a
strictly text equivalent of pavucontrol.

There is also a commandline tool call "pactl".  This would allow you
to control the Pulse Audio daemon on your child's computer without a
GUI (though there is a bit of a learning curve).