Re: Why doesn't mixer control (values) have some kind of locking mechanism? (mutex?)

Yeah I suppose a "full" lock would do. (That was what I was trying to
point out. I don't really understand Pierre's message. I merely
suppose you need some facility in the kernel anyway so that you can
lock from userspace.) I hope that amixer the utility will at least
have the capability to reschedule/wait by then though (instead of just
"failing" like in your python demo).

As for the compare-and-swap part, it's just a plus. Not that
"double-looping" for *each* channel doesn't work. It just again seems
silly and primitive (and was once confusing to me).