Diagnosing clicks and pops during playback via native-protocol-tcp

I am using module-native-protocol-tcp and module-tunnel-sink to stream
audio from server A to server B.

There are three wired home routers between A and B.  All links are 100
base-t ethernet.

Network traffic is light.  CPU load is light.  Both servers are
running Ubuntu 20.04.  Each server plays audio via its own USB DAC.
There are no other known audio issues.

I suspect network timing jitter is causing some TCP packets to arrive
"late", causing the clicks and pops.

There are no clicks or pops when I play music locally on A or B.

What is the best way to diagnose suspected tunnel underflows?

Is there a way to create (or increase the size of?) a buffer in the tunnel?

I have considered trying RTP instead of native, but I have not done so yet.

Thanks!

Parke