Purpose of ports that represent multiple UCM devices?

Hi,

I did some work in PulseAudio's UCM code, and I got frustrated by the
"combined port" concept. We spend a lot of effort supporting the case
where one port represents multiple UCM devices, but I don't understand
why we do that. Do you know some use case for that? I would like to
drop the feature altogether.

--
Tanu

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk