Re: LADSPA plugin strange behavior

Oh, forgot to mention, I’m running pulseaudio 12.2 on a Raspberry Pi Model 3.

From: pulseaudio-discuss <pulseaudio-discuss-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Robert Bielik
Sent: Wednesday, 27 May 2020 12:10
To: pulseaudio-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pulseaudio-discuss] LADSPA plugin strange behavior

Hi all,

New to the list. I’m setting up a system where I have a post-processing LADSPA plugin. I’ve setup /etc/pulse/default.pa to load my LADSPA plugin and to set it as the default sink.

Running pulseaudio with “pulseaudio 2>&1” I can see all the logs from my plugin, with it being properly initialized upon start of pulseaudio server, and deinitialized when shutting down the server.

But, there is a strange behavior. Running one audio stream with aplay f.i., and then starting another one with paplay f.i., I can see that the pulseaudio server deactivates, and re-activates the plugin. This it does for any stream started AND stopped.

Isn’t the stream to the plugin supposed to be continuous? Can the pulseaudio server be configured not to do this ?

Regards

/Robert

The information in this email (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or proprietary material. Any review, retransmission or use of this information by persons or entities other than the intended, authorized recipient is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete the material. For information regarding how Dirac handles personal data, please visit https://www.dirac.com/privacy-policy.