Re: PulseAudio run in embedded device

On Thu, 2020-04-30 at 15:48 +0800, limh@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi
> > I'm using imx6DL device with the kernel yocto 4.1.15.
> > I want to use Qt Sound (based on pulseaudio) to play some audio files. But it doesn't work.
> > Also I want the PA daemon can start before the user login.
>
> I add the "auth-anonymous=1" after the "load-module module-native-protocol-unix" in system.pa
>
> But when I use the pacmd the check it, it returns :"No PulseAudio daemon running, or not running as session daemon".

pacmd doesn't work with the system mode, but that's not a problem, just
use pactl instead. pactl is better than pacmd anyway.

> then I use paplay to test it ,it returns nothing whitout any voice.( I have set all the voice max value in alsamixer).

Can you attach the output of "paplay -v test.wav"?

If you stop pulseaudio, does "aplay -Dplughw:0,0 test.wav" work? If it
doesn't, it's probably an alsa problem.

> /*Hi TanuK, I really need your help to solve the problem. I also find your Patreon but I'm from China so that I can't join to you*/
> /*Or if you have other way can be used in China, I'm happy to sponsor you*/

Well, Liberapay is an alternative to Patreon:
https://liberapay.com/tanuk

Both Liberapay and Patreon are meant for supporting my general
maintaner work, so they are not a way to get me work specifically on
your problems. That's consulting work, and unfortunately I don't have
time for it (but I may respond to simple questions on the mailing list,
like this one).

--
Tanu

https://www.patreon.com/tanuk