Rethinking how we do reviews

On Mon, 2016-03-28 at 13:28 +0300, Nazar Mokrynskyi wrote:
> Where does this review happens?

On this list.

> Is it possible to put code somewhere like GitHub/BitBucket/GitLab, so
> that other people can comment conveniently, because mailing list is
> kind of weird (personal opinion) in 2016.I'm participating in other
> projects, and GitHub (even mirror just for PRs and their discussion,
> not primary repo) helps significantly. It is really useful when 3
> non-maintainers wrote some comments, PR is improved in process and
> when maintainer comes there is less work for him.Passing all this
> information through everyone on mailing list is counterproductive in
> many ways.

Broadly speaking, I agree. It's very tempting to have us just move to
Github, and use that workflow. I don't like a bunch of things about it,
but I can't argue that it's better than what we have now, and it is
what people are used to.

That said, I think that in the long-term, it's important to be able to
own and control all aspects of our project, and I want to be certain
that this is true of bugs, reviews, and everything else, which is why
I'm holding out and looking at alternatives such as Phabricator, Pagure
(and in the short term, Patchwork).

-- Arun