Sound not working

Hi,

2013/12/2 James Board <jpboard2 at yahoo.com>

> Okay thank you for your honesty.  What part of the output from 'pulseaudio
> -vvv' said that my system was not permitting access to the real audio
> hardware?  I looked at the log.  What makes you think that my system is not
> allowing access to audio hardware?

I pointed out before, that it's these lines:

2013/12/2 James Board <jpboard2 at yahoo.com>
> D: module-udev-detect.c: /dev/snd/controlC1 is accessible: no
> D: module-udev-detect.c: /dev/snd/controlC0 is accessible: no

> Also, the distribution is CentOS, which is RedHat.

Sorry, no, it's not. CentOS is a free distribution that tries to resemble
RedHat as close as possible.

> It surprises me that you suggest I pay a Linux Expert in order to get
> pulseaudio to play music.  Windows, MacOS, Android, and every other machine
> on the market does this automatically.

I do not suggest to get somebody with knowledge to fix pulseaudio, as it
works fine for you. I suggest that you get somebody with knowledge to get a
broken device permission system fixed that initially should be okay after
install.

Your problem is not pulseaudio, it's your audio system below that. And by
attacking pulseaudio developers or me (I am a pulseaudio user and linux
system administrator, no developer) you will not change that. Remember the
blocked street and the car manufacturer.

If you scroll back our discussion you will hopefully understand that I will
now back out of this thread, as I have the feeling that this will not lead
to anything. Thank you.