Properties to suppress save/restore of stream volumes

On Fri, 2011-02-25 at 09:42 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> 'Twas brillig, and Arun Raghavan at 08/02/11 15:34 did gyre and gimble:
> > If there are no objections to this approach, we could expose the fading
> > API via a property (set it to trigger a fade) and a signal (for the
> > fade-done callback).
> >
> > For the completion notification, I realised we would just pass the
> > callback to the _set_volume_with_ramping() function like the rest of the
> > API, so nothing new needs to be done for that it seems.
> >
> > Now all that remains is to figure out whether this belongs in core or in
> > an extension. I think it fits in core (a _with_ramping variant of
> > existing core API), but I'm not a religious about it. :)
>
> Just to revive this thread since our meeting....
>
> Now that we know the ramping stuff will be ripped out for 1.0 release
> (by your good self Arun!), I guess we can put this on the back burner
> for now?

Oh, the irony! :) Yep, this will need to fade (:p) to the background.
Pity, since the gst side power optimisation also gets postponed as a
result, but hopefully it'll be something we can get back to soon after
1.0 (I'm an optimist! :D).

Cheers,
Arun