Re: amdgpu 4k@120Hz / HDMI 2.1

On 10/23/2024 10:30, Mischa Baars wrote:
Hi Mario,

at it, as far as that would make any difference.

I just happen to also contribute to platform-x86 for a few drivers and saw this message.

It won't make a difference on the stance, but you would get it in front of more people that actually work on amdgpu.

But if the official driver is indeed open source as you say, then how
would the official driver be able to support HDMI 2.1?

It's not able to.

And do you
think this problem will resolve itself in the future or will there
never be an open source driver with HDMI 2.1 support?

I certainly don't have a crystal ball, but I try to avoid saying things like "never" or "for sure" in non-ephemeral contexts like mailing lists.