amdgpu 4k@120Hz / HDMI 2.1

Hi,

I recently purchased a new television that is capable of 4k@120Hz
resolution and refresh rate, but when connected with the proper cables
to an AMD Radeon RX 6500 XT that does support HDMI 2.1, the maximum
resolution and refresh rate I get is 4k@60Hz.

I've 'spoken' to AMD about this, and all they do is recommend
switching to Red Hat / Suse / Ubuntu and using the official closed
source AMD drivers. If it is supposed to work after that, remains
unclear.

Did someone get the desired 4k@120Hz / HDMI 2.1 resolution and refresh
rate to work using the in-kernel amdgpu driver? If not, why does it
not work or when will it work? I have other vendors with other
hardware that have different restraints on the number of operating
systems that I can use, and they do not go well together.

Kind regards,
Michael J. Baars, the Netherlands.