Re: [hp_wmi] Recieving same keycode from two keys

On Tue, 3 Nov 2020 at 14:16, Hans de Goede <hdegoede@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 11/3/20 2:35 PM, Rhys Perry wrote:
> >>
> >> (please use reply-all so that the mailing list gets the emails as well)
> >>

> > Oh, my mistake. I didn't actually know the difference between the two.
> > Sorry for any confusion this might cause in the future.

> >> Please install the `evemu` program suite, and run `evemu-record /dev/input/event...`
> >> for the AT keyboard, HP WMI hotkeys, and HP Wireless hotkeys; in each run press the
> >> brightness up/down, volume up/down keys in any fixed order you like, and then send
> >> the output of each run (including the part that is initially printed before
> >> receiving any events). Could you also run `acpi_listen` at the same time and
> >> see if any key presses are registered there? If yes, what was the output?
> >>

> > Ok, here you go:
> > "AT Translated Set 2 Keyboard": https://0x0.st/idpK.txt
> > "HP Wireless hotkeys": https://0x0.st/idpP.txt
> > "HP WMI hotkeys": https://0x0.st/idpN.txt
> > `acpi_listen`: https://0x0.st/idpb.txt
>
> Can you also run evemu-record for the "Video Bus"
> input device and check if you get events there for the
> brightness up/down key presses?  On modern laptops events
> for the brightness keys are typically delivered there.

I ran evemu-record for my "Video Bus" devices (of which I had two) and
there was nothing on those either. I quickly ran over every single
input device and I can confirm that "AT Translated Set 2 Keyboard" is
the only one that responds to brightness keys.

> Also are you perhaps using the nvidia binary driver for
> your GPU ?

No, I am running with nouveau. Most of the performance isn't there, as
they haven't worked out reclocking on the 1050Ti yet, but it's enough
for what I do

> Regards,
>
> Hans

Yours thankfully,