Re: [hp_wmi] Recieving same keycode from two keys

Hi,

On 11/3/20 2:35 PM, Rhys Perry wrote:

>> (please use reply-all so that the mailing list gets the emails as well)
>>

> Oh, my mistake. I didn't actually know the difference between the two.
> Sorry for any confusion this might cause in the future.

>>> After running some tests with evtest I have found out:
>>> - Brightness keys: "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard" (although same keycode)
>>> - Volume keys: "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"
>>> - Media keys: "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"
>>> - RFKILL key: (none, although there is a device called "HP Wireless hotkeys")
>>
>> Please install the `evemu` program suite, and run `evemu-record /dev/input/event...`
>> for the AT keyboard, HP WMI hotkeys, and HP Wireless hotkeys; in each run press the
>> brightness up/down, volume up/down keys in any fixed order you like, and then send
>> the output of each run (including the part that is initially printed before
>> receiving any events). Could you also run `acpi_listen` at the same time and
>> see if any key presses are registered there? If yes, what was the output?
>>

> Ok, here you go:
> "AT Translated Set 2 Keyboard": https://0x0.st/idpK.txt
> "HP Wireless hotkeys": https://0x0.st/idpP.txt
> "HP WMI hotkeys": https://0x0.st/idpN.txt
> `acpi_listen`: https://0x0.st/idpb.txt

Can you also run evemu-record for the "Video Bus"
input device and check if you get events there for the
brightness up/down key presses?  On modern laptops events
for the brightness keys are typically delivered there.

Also are you perhaps using the nvidia binary driver for
your GPU ?

Regards,

Hans