Re: [hp_wmi] Recieving same keycode from two keys

Hi

> [...]
> > I have a laptop with dedicated brighness keys (HP Pavilion
> > 15-cx0598na). I believe these keys are handled by hp_wmi.
> >
> > Whenever I press (and release) one of the brightness keys, this message
> > appears in the journal:
> > ```
> > [50761.461630] atkbd serio0: Unknown key pressed (translated set 2,
> > code 0xab on isa0060/serio0).
> > [50761.461637] atkbd serio0: Use 'setkeycodes e02b <keycode>' to make
> > it known.
> > [50761.492161] atkbd serio0: Unknown key released (translated set 2,
> > code 0xab on isa0060/serio0).
> > [50761.492168] atkbd serio0: Use 'setkeycodes e02b <keycode>' to make
> > it known.
> > ```

Can you see any messages generated by the hp-wmi driver when these key presses occur?

> > Now, this is not that interesting at first, I obviously just need to
> > map a keycode. The confusing part is that for both the brightness up
> > AND the brightness down key I get the same code (e02b). I am not to
> > sure how to debug this behavior but I would appreciate if someone
> > helped investigate this issue.
> >
> > I am not sure if this is relevant, but my RFKILL key does not work
> > either (but does not show anything in journal).

Could you please run `evtest` and see if you have a "HP WMI hotkeys" input device?
If so, please select it, and then press the function keys and see if any events appear.

Furthermore, you could install `acpid`, start it (something along the lines of
`sudo systemctl start acpid`), then run `acpi_listen` and see if you get anything
when you press the keys.

> > Here is a link to acpidump:
> > https://www.dropbox.com/s/ulyltq0gz35s79l/acpidump?dl=0
> >
> > ::: Rhys Perry :::
>
> Sorry if this is breaking kernel mailing list etiquette, but I am
> posting this question again as I did not get a response last time.

Regards,
Barnabás Pőcze