Re: platform/x86: thinkpad_acpi: unhandled HKEY 0x60b0 and 0x60b1

Hi

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 2:27 PM, Andy Shevchenko
<andy.shevchenko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 10:38 AM, David Herrmann <dh.herrmann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'd be fine with the patch Matthew proposed (makes the sensor a no-op):
>>     https://www.snip2code.com/Snippet/3291964/0001-Add-Thinkpad-palm-detection-acpi-co/
>>
>> Andy, is there any reason not to merge it? Do you want this key to be
>> exposed in some way? If the patch is ok, I can test it locally and
>> resend with tested-by.
>
> I can't just crawl through internet and merge odd patches. This is one
> reason why I added the author to Cc list.
>
> Another one we have an established process, so, please follow it:
> 1) submit to mailing list (like you did your initial message);
> 2) get time to be reviewed.
>
> We also use patchwork to keep history of what has been done. This
> patch missed our patchwork queue.
>
> Another important point I have no hardware to test myself, so, I need
> to be crystal clear on the change. I can't for this particular one.
>
> So, and at the end we have alive maintainer for that code. W/o his ACK
> I would not proceed.
>
> Sorry for inconvenience, this is how it's supposed to work.

Ugh, sorry, I just wanted to know whether I should just resend the
patch or rework it. Maybe that was not clear from my question.

Will resend. Lets continue discussion there.

Thanks
David