Re: platform/x86: thinkpad_acpi: unhandled HKEY 0x60b0 and 0x60b1

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 10:24 PM, Matthew Thode <mthode@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 18-01-09 22:16:10, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 3:19 PM, David Herrmann <dh.herrmann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I've been able to trigger it 'at will' on the X1C5.  If I hover my hand
> just below the arrow keys I'll get the first signal, after I take it
> away I get the second one.  There seems to be a delay in when I put (or
> take away) my hand to prevent spamming the logs even more.  It could be
> to sense lid close, but there's already another sensors for that I
> thought.  The only remaining thing I can guess it that it's to detect
> your hands to turn on the keyboard backlight or something.
>
> I don't think it's related at all to the fingerprint sensor as I hover
> my hand to the right of it.

Just realized that it might be an ambient sensor. Your hand makes
light goes differently to the sensor -> hardware sends an event.

Whatever guys, feel free to submit a patch when you will be sure what
is the source of the event.

It also makes sense to discuss somewhere near to thinkwiki.org I suppose.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko