Re: New dell-wireless driver

On Thu, Nov 27, 2014 at 7:43 PM, Pali Rohár <pali.rohar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thursday 27 November 2014 05:27:01 Alex Hung wrote:
>> On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 10:09 AM, Darren Hart
> <dvhart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> > Hi Pali,
>> >
>> > Thanks for reviewing and speaking up :)

>> > Alex, can you comment? Does the keyboard controller also see
>> > this event?
>>
>> Hi Darrent and Pali,
>>
>> The internal KBC needs not to send any events in addition to
>> the ACPI event Notify(RBTN, 0x80) according to the
>> information I received from Dell. I did not received the same
>> event on the Dell systems I tested.
>>
>> Can I have more detailed information of the system and I can
>> ask Dell for clarifications.
>>

> Hello,
>
> I have Dell Latitude E6440.
>
> Do you have some documentation for Dell Embedded Controller (or
> Keyboard controller) which receiving touchpad, trackstick and
> keyboard data and how it modify them?
>
> There are couple of problems with EC on Latitude Exx40 models
> (invalid PS/2 packets from trackstick, keyboard repeating keys,
> keyboard not releasing keys, duplicate key events). You can find
> that these problems are discussed on internet by lot of users and
> only occur on Linux (not Windows!). I would like to fix these
> problems, but without some information from Dell it is
> impossible. I was told that these problems does not come from
> ALPS (touchpad+trackstick) device directly.

I do not have any Dell's KBC/EC document and I do not have direct
contacts with Dell's Latitude team, but I can try to get to them.

Will you be able to provide dumpfile from "dmidecode,> dmi.log" (you
can send the attachment directly to me). I did some online searches
but am not sure which problems you are referring to. Will you provide
more details of the problems you encountered. I will check with ALPS
to see what they know about them, too.

--
Cheers,
Alex Hung