Re: acer-wmi is unnecessarily loaded on a Lenovo Ideapad S12

10-03-2011 09:45 tarihinde, Joey Lee yazdÄ:
OK, there have no VPC2004 and VPCW, VPCR method in your DSDT, that means
ideapad-laptop doesn't support 3000 V200 and b560.

If we are lucky, we can find out which EC register mapping to wifi key's
status.

If you want...
Could you please help to try Carlos's acer_ec.pl tool?

http://code.google.com/p/aceracpi/wiki/EmbeddedController

Download the acer_ec.pl file then put to your Lenovo machine.
Run:
	watch -n 1 perl acer_ec.pl regs

Start to press wifi Fn key on Lenovo machines' keyboard, then monitor
the result from acer_ec. Please press wifi Fn key a couple of times,
fine out which register changed when you press Fn key.

Please send out the register number and value when wifi on/off.
e.g.

OK will tell the users to try this if they can. BTW, note that I didn't send the dsdt of b560, it may contain
the ACPI device that you wanted to know.

Also, the user didn't complain about a non-functional Wifi Fn key. If everything works OK for him, should we bother about anything at all?

Thanks