Re: Can PJSIP help with this requirement?

On 18.08.21 15:03, Antony Stone wrote:
though you might be able to implement a B2B UA using the PJSUA API.
The problem with implementing a B2BUA (as I understand it, happy to be
corrected if possible) is that the hold and transfer functions would then be
being performed inside this new component in the network.

I need them to be performed in the existing PBX server, just the same as they
would be if I plugged in a competent SIP phone and could press the "hold"
button.

Yes, you would have two SIP calls involved:
pbx-call between PBX and B2BUA and basic-call between B2BUA and "basic softphone".

You would control the B2BUA and holding the call would mean holding pbx-call. I don't know if simply doing nothing with basic-call in this case is problematic,
but you could initiate a hold for this call as well.

Regarding call transfer, you would initiate the transfer on pbx-call and in case of success, simply hang up basic-call.
It sounds dirty, but might just work.
pjproject provides a test application "pjsua-app" which let's you do
what you want.
I'll take a look, but it sounds like it assumes it is part of the client
itself, rather than something in between client and server.

Yes, it acts as a SIP phone.

All the best,
Andreas