Multiple conference calls on MIPS-125 MHz Embedded Linux

 Greeting PJSIP developers.

we have MIPS32 based audicodes SOC that runs on 125 MHz clock.also we have one TI DSP interfaced to this SOC which works with A-law speech and feeds to analog telephones. we have created 4 wave-players and 4 wave writers .we put speech to DSP(instead of file ) in wave writer's  file_put_frame(),and get speech from DSP in wave player file_get_frame().we are using master clock
following is our configuration (i .e every 20 ms ). our DSP interface is fast enough(100 MHz static memory controller)

--clock-rate=8000
--null-audio
--ec-tail=0
--dis-codec=GSM
--dis-codec=speex
--dis-codec=G722

with this configuration,  4 wave players alone take 45% CPU and when we connect wave writer ,then sound gets disturbed,and cpu usage become 60%

we have put all CPU performance FAQ optimization techniques but no improvement..
how can i make it work at-least for 4 calls.
will clock thread per call work here .. ??

Please help,

Regards
Kiran Bhosale