Re: Asterisk segfault in pjsip_endpt_create_pool with PJSIP 2.5.5

On 04.11.2016 14:54, George Joseph wrote:

>     I have recently uploaded a new version of pjsip into Debian testing (was
>     2.5.1, now 2.5.5).
>
>     We have received reports that Asterisk (13.11.2 and 13.12.1) crash when
>     making an outbound call through PJSIP as soon as the updated library is
>     installed. This is the backtrace
>

> When exactly is it crashing?  Are you talking about a running asterisk
> crashing when you install the new libraries?  If so, that can happen and
> should be expected.

No, a newly started Asterisk of course. First outbound call with PJSIP
causes this segfault, reproducible.

Normally a daemon copes fine when a library is replaced, but even if an
Asterisk on the old library would segfault when the library is replaced
would be a minor bug (if any).

I will have a look at Ian's suggestion (pjproject 2.5.5 plus the patches
in
https://github.com/asterisk/asterisk/tree/master/third-party/pjproject/patches)
next.

@Alexei:

> 1. You should get the latest snapshot of pjproject from SVN repo
> http://svn.pjproject.net/repos/pjproject/trunk

I was (almost, I was using the github repo which lags a few commits
behind the SVN repo).

> 2. If you use the pjproject only for an asterisk you should use
> the bundled version or manually make the pjproject package
> with the necessary patches and build options.
> See asterisk/third-party/pjproject

This is unfortunately not really an option. This is a library packaged
for Debian, even though it is at this time solely used by Asterisk I
cannot just package a "fork" under the same name.

Bernhard