problem to get the address from an hostname

Greeting pjsip planet!
I have several computers wired to a router. On the router webpage I can see the hostname of each
computer with his hostname.

192.168.2.23	motorhead (archlinux)
192.168.2.17	ironmaiden (archlinux)
192.168.2.24	user-VirtualBox (xubuntu)
192.168.2.18	odious (archlinux)
192.168.2.16	twistedsister (win10)

now I try contact  twistedsister <-> user-VirtualBox, using Ips, in both direction it works

I try to do the same by resolving their hostnames, that fails in both direction, so my first
conclusion, it's not plateform related.

Also you may have noticed that user-VirtualBox is a VM, but I got the same problem on another
network with actual PCs, I'm just limited for now to do my test with that VM other computers
(archers) cannot be used right now for this...

I checked those three functions : pj_getaddrinfo, pj_sock_addr_parse, pj_sock_addr_parse2

each return !PJ_SUCCESS

for the adress familly I tried with : pj_AF_INET and pj_AF_UNSPEC

I take care of the hostname string passed, there is no mistake, no white space or anything.

so do you have any idea ? or should I use some other function ?

regards,
Nicolas J.