Windows 10 IOT - Windows Universal - USB Audio

Hello Everyone,

I am quite new to PJsip, but have learnt a lot about it over the past 2 days.

I am trying to integrate a sip client into an application that I want to run on a Raspberry PI running IOT 10. I downloaded the SVN for Windows Universal, and had a bit of a hard time at first simply because when I ran the demo, I did not enter the sip account info the way I expected, and only through debugging  I figured out what I needed to do so for starters, I would suggest that in the demo simply put a sample account info (just as they have done for the sip uri to call out) i.e.

User Id = sip:123:ABC@192.168.1.1 (User ID needs the full registration string - based on the name, I expected to put only the user)

registrar = sip:192.168.1.1 (again I did not think that I needed to prefix with sip: but it seems that I needed this)

User Name = 123

Password = ABC

I'm still not sure why we need the registration string as well as the details when you can build the string from the details - but that's irrelevant.

After finally getting the registration working I still had 2 issues:

1. I am not getting incoming calls - I am not sure why, it is showing as reg:ok, however when I call that extension from another phone, it puts my on "Park" - I'm not sure why this would happen - If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

2.  I tried to place a call - and here I had trouble because the sample uses the VoipCallCoordinator class which is not yet supported by windows 10 iot (or perhaps one of its dependencies is not yet supported) - for this, I simply placed the call directly with the api without having the framework check for an existing call etc. At this point I was able to place the outgoing call, the issue is that I can hear audio from the other party, but they can't hear me.

I am using a "Pluggable" USB Audio adapter, When I check the audio devices, PJSIP finds 1 playback and 1 recording device - everything seems to initialize and open properly - but still no sound going though. I plugged in a webcam (so that I have another recording device) and with this configuration I has sound in both directions.

I tested the "pluggable" recording device on the pi with other applications and it works fine. So now I am curious as to why it wouldn't work with PJSIP.

Anyone even encounter anything like this? I know that there are a few modes for working with the audio devies, but I don't fully understand them. You have PortAudio, WMME and WASAPI. it is currently using WASAPI - I tried WMME (I thought this might be related to windows) - but it won't even compile without a bunch of errors, so I quickly dropped that. Can that have any effect on why the mic is not working? I know that the pluggable device is capable of working with bi-directional audio because I ran the project on my PC and there I get 2 way audio.

One more interesting point - while running on the pi, when I talk loudly into the mic, I will start to hear a buzzing noise at the other end, but I'm not sure what to make of that.

In any case, this is where I am holding. If anyone has any ideas that can help with figuring this out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Yanky