PJSIP kernel level dependencies

Dear Ernesto Celis,

Thank you for your quick response.

I have one VoIP based application which will run on Olimex board.
Currently pjsip version 1.8 use in application.
Pjsip on board should talk with Asterisk on host machine. But on Olimex
board A20 its not working properly.
Pjsip restart some times it self and sometimes it does not find audio
device while running .
I write down below some of my configuration details below.

 >As I said, you don't need kernel support for pjsip. Linux 3.4 will
 >work fine, you only need to install dependencies to build and run
 >pjsip

For that different types of configuration which passed to pjsib final
compiled binary as below:

"--ec-tail=0","--add-codec=G722","--snd-auto-close=-1","--no-tones","--use-timer=0","--timer-se=86400","--timer-min-se=86300",
"--no-vad","--auto-answer=200","--log-level=6","--ptime=10","--play-file=s1.wav","--reg-timeout=60","--rereg-delay=60"

Is something missing or need to be modify on above configuration?

I am facing problem to compile the pjsib. The results and observations
of compilations are quit unexpected sometime. It compiled without any
errors and sometimes it did not compiled while configuration arguments
same both times.

Tool-chains used for compilation are Linaro gnueabihf.

Observations are:

the configuration setting is same in all condition

./configure --host=arm-linux-gnueabihf --disable-floating-point LIBS=-lm

1.    Toolchain - arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-4.7.3 - pjproject 2.4 - Not
compiled *Error* - .pjsua2-lib-arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf.depend:1: ***
missing separator.  Stop.
2.    Toolchain - arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-4.8.3 - pjproject 2.4 - Not
compiled *Error* - .pjsua2-lib-arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf.depend:1: ***
missing separator.  Stop.
3.    Toolchain - arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-4.7.3  - pjproject 1.8 - Not
compiled *Error* - .pjsua2-lib-arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf.depend:1: ***
missing separator.  Stop.
4.    Toolchain - arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc-4.8.3  - pjproject 1.8 -
compiled successfully(as its generate binary) binary name -
pjsua-arm-unknown-linux-gnueabihf

Any ideas related to this error.
I saw all Makefile in pjproject and also checked about space that
whether it is with 'TAB KEY SPACE' or without. But did not find any
error, for that reason I did not make any conclusion that for which
reason problems occurs.

 > You are mixing things up. G722 codecs aren't related to PCM or sunxi.
 > I see no issue here, I develop an app based on pjsip which runs on
 >Cubieborad 2 (A20) just fine.

Would you provide me some information and details that how and which
configuration arguments you passed to pjsip binary for running on
Cubieboard2 on A20. I have also CB2 A20 so its also possible for me to
do some experiment on this if you provide me details related to pjsib
and its configuration.

Which codec you passed and how you provide audio device to pjsip?
(I mean to ask that if audio coded is on A20 processor it self then How
to enable it? and How to pass it to pjsip? and Is it necessary to
provide audio coded G722 to pjsib?)

Regards
Jaymin D

On 14-Jul-2015 10:27 PM, "Ernesto Celis" <celisdelafuente at gmail.com

    On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 2:08 AM, Jaymin D <jaymin.linux at gmail.com
    <mailto:jaymin.linux at gmail.com>> wrote:
     > Hello All,
     >
     > I want to know about PJSIP 1.8 Kernel support.
     > It mean Is Linux version 3.4.90+ support the PJSIP 1.8 ?

    Pjsip does not need kernel support

     > Want to run PJSIP 1.8 on OlimexMicro A20 board, but I confuse and
    stuck in
     > codec.
     > Its a once type of porting of application from,
     >
     >     TI AM1808 SITARA custom board    to    A20
     >     Kernel 2.6.37                                   to Kernel 3.4.90+
     >     Custom RFS                                     to Debian RFS
     >
     > In PJSIP 1.8 there is G722 coded has been used but A20 processor
    has already
     > built in coded.
     > For that reason I didn't get particular that which type of codec
    I have to
     > use in PJSIP1.8 and how to make it compatible with A20 processor.
     > On board there are sunxiCODEC and PCM CODEC.

    You are mixing things up. G722 codecs aren't related to PCM or sunxi.

     > For that reason I need to Kernel version 3.4.90+ , Is it support
    PJSIP 1.8
     > or not?

    As I said, you don't need kernel support for pjsip. Linux 3.4 will
    work fine, you only need to install dependencies to build and run
    pjsip

     > Any one have same issue(PJSIP on A20 processor) related to, let
    me know
     > about it.

    I see no issue here, I develop an app based on pjsip which runs on
    Cubieborad 2 (A20) just fine.

     > Any suggestions will welcome.
     >
     > --
     > Regards