PJSIP kernel level dependencies

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 2:08 AM, Jaymin D <jaymin.linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I want to know about PJSIP 1.8 Kernel support.
> It mean Is Linux version 3.4.90+ support the PJSIP 1.8 ?

Pjsip does not need kernel support

> Want to run PJSIP 1.8 on OlimexMicro A20 board, but I confuse and stuck in
> codec.
> Its a once type of porting of application from,
>
>     TI AM1808 SITARA custom board    to    A20
>     Kernel 2.6.37                                   to    Kernel 3.4.90+
>     Custom RFS                                     to    Debian RFS
>
> In PJSIP 1.8 there is G722 coded has been used but A20 processor has already
> built in coded.
> For that reason I didn't get particular that which type of codec I have to
> use in PJSIP1.8 and how to make it compatible with A20 processor.
> On board there are sunxiCODEC and PCM CODEC.

You are mixing things up. G722 codecs aren't related to PCM or sunxi.

> For that reason I need to Kernel version 3.4.90+ , Is it support PJSIP 1.8
> or not?

As I said, you don't need kernel support for pjsip. Linux 3.4 will
work fine, you only need to install dependencies to build and run
pjsip

> Any one have same issue(PJSIP on A20 processor) related to, let me know
> about it.

I see no issue here, I develop an app based on pjsip which runs on
Cubieborad 2 (A20) just fine.